1. All Africa Senior Championships 2022 – Application to host
Member Associations can now apply to host the 2022 edition of the All Africa Senior Championships 2022. See attached the application form.
Note that the deadline to submit your application is on Friday 5th February 2021.
2. BCA Announcement on the BWF Appeal to CAS regarding the Kate Foo Kune’s Case
The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) recently upheld the appeal by the BWF against a decision of the BWF Doping Hearing Panel in its ruling on Mauritius badminton player Kate Jessica Foo Kune. Following the publication of the CAS Reasoned Decision, we wish to make the following statements:
- Kate Foo Kune competed and won a silver medal in the All Africa Individual Championships 2019 (BCA Event sanctioned by the BWF). As per the CAS decision (pg. 24, para. 113), this result is hereby disqualified.
- During the All Africa Mixed Team Championships 2019 (BCA Event), Kate Foo Kune represented and competed for the Mauritius Team. The Mauritius Team went on to win the silver medal in the tournament. As per the CAS decision (pg. 24, para 113), the result of the Mauritius Team during this championship is also disqualified.
Following the BWF Doping Hearing Panel decision in October 2019, the BWF authorized Kate Foo Kune to participate in BWF Sanctioned tournaments including the All Africa Senior Championships 2020. As per CAS decision (pg. 25, para 114), all her results obtained during that period will still count and will NOT be disqualified.
Click here for CAS Reasoned Decision.
3. BWF Extraordinary General Meeting
Find attached a notice from the BWF regarding their forthcoming EGM. Also attached is the delegate nomination form. Make sure to complete the form and to register for the webinars as soon as possible.
4. Africa Women in Badminton Award (AWIBA) – Reminder
Please note that the deadline to nominate candidates is on Friday 5th February 2021.
Click here for additional information and the application form.