The BCA Strategic Plan is developed and approved by Council every four years. The Strategic Plan guides the confederation to effectively set priorities and objectives in line with the vision and mission of the BCA.
The Strategic Plan (2016 – 2020) has five Strategic Focuses:
- Development – To increase the number of children, youth and adult participants in badminton throughout Africa.
- Events – To design and deliver innovative, efficient and valuable events in Africa.
- Organisation – To strive for good management practices including an efficient governance structure and proper day to day administration of the confederation.
- Member Associations – To serve Member Associations so that they are able to become sustainable organisations with good governance and management practices.
- Marketing & Communication – To have a well-organised communication system with internal and external stakeholders and to established a valuable image for BCA in order to add value to its existing brand.