Find below the latest information on the BCA:
1) BWF Council Elections 2021 – 22 May
We are glad to announce that Mrs. Odette Assembe Engoulou, President of the Badminton Association of Cameroon and BCA Council Member, and Mrs. Chipo Zumburani, President of the Zimbabwe Badminton Association and BCA Treasurer, were both elected to serve on the BWF Council from 2021 to 2025. The other African candidates who took part in the elections were Mr. Francis Orbih, President of Badminton Federation of Nigeria and BCA Council Member and Mr. Kay Chirwa Kamatuwa, former President of Badminton Zambia and BCA Council Member.
On behalf of the BCA President and Council, we congratulate the 2 winners and wish them a successful term as BWF Council Members. The Chair of BCA Women in Badminton Commission also issued a statement following the election of the 2 ladies (see attached).
2) BCA AGM 2021 – 19 June 2021
Delegate Nomination Form
Thanks to all the members who have already sent in their Delegate Nomination Form. The following have NOT yet submitted the form
Burundi, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Kenya, Libya, Mauritius, Morocco, Nigeria, Sudan, Tunisia and Zimbabwe.
We would appreciate it if you can submit your form as soon as possible – see form attached.
AGM Preparatory Meetings
As communicated earlier, we will organize 2 preparatory meetings on Monday 7 June 2021 (English) and Tuesday 8 June 2021 (French). For the English meeting on 7 June 2021, kindly register in advance
Preparation for the virtual AGM
All information on the virtual AGM is available on our website and the Info to MAs document that we shared earlier. In summary, you will need to:
- Submit your Delegate Nomination Form as early as possible.
- Watch the video reports and read the annual report including the audited financial statements.
- Watch the candidates’ video presentation on BCA Website.
- Prepare your questions, if any, and either send to us by email or post it during the preparatory meetings on Monday 7 June 2021 (English) or Tuesday 8 June 2021 (French).
- Get used to the voting system by attending the ‘Test Event’ on Friday 18 June 2021 (exact time to be announced).
- Discuss with your board and members on your vote for the different agenda items, including the elections.
- Attend the AGM, pose your questions and cast your vote whenever required to do so.
We shall provide you with more information from time to time until the preparatory meetings and the Virtual AGM.
If you have any questions on the above, do not hesitate to contact us