Find below the latest information on the All Africa U19 Championships 2022 (11 – 17 Dec) and the All Africa School Championships 2022 (18 to 22 Dec 2022) which will be held in Mauritius. Both tournaments invitations are attached to this email. Some key points:
- Plan & prepare EARLY, December is peak/holiday seasons and flights tickets may be extremely expensive if you plan at the last minute.
- For the U19, entries must be made ONLINE, for both team and individual events. For the School Championships, fill in the attached Entry Form.
- Kindly let us know of your intention to participate in one or both Championships by 1st November 2022.
- As usual the BCA will provide some financial assistance as travel and accommodation grants. The grant is normally paid in arrears and only countries entering in the Team Event shall be eligible. It will, in principle, cover the following:
- Accommodation of 2 players (out of min 4 players in the team) for the duration of the tournament plus 1 additional day (arrival/departure day). You only have to cover the accommodation of the rest of the team, potentially at least 2 other players, and a coach or other officials.
- Travel grant equivalent to the cost of two (2) air tickets from your country to Mauritius. The airfare will be based on the approximate price of an air ticket on 1 November 2022 – we normally determine the price after the entry deadline but exceptionally we will determine the price by 1st November due to the potentially high price of the ticket. This is why we are strongly encouraging you to plan early.
- Also note that, in case the entries are much higher than expected, the grant may be reduced to assist all countries based on our available budget for the tournament.
- We will offer the travel and accommodation grants for both the U19 and School Championships. But the travel grant cannot be used twice for the same player.
- Based on the information above, you can have an idea of BCA’s support and be able to start your planning as soon as possible.
- We are looking into the possibility of organising a training camp before the start of the U19 Championships, that is, from 8 to 10 December. In case we receive a positive reply from the host country, we will inform all countries accordingly.
- Alongside the development of our players, we would also encourage you to support the development of your Technical Officials by entering them, as officials, at BCA Championships, like the U19 and School Championships.