CALL FOR NOMINATIONS:
ATHLETES COMMISSION ELECTIONS.
In accordance with Clause 13.2.6 of our Constitution and Section 4 of the BCA Athletes Election Guidelines (attached for ease of reference), the BCA is pleased to call for nominations of candidates for the 2023 BCA Athletes Commission Elections which will be held alongside the All-Africa Mixed Team Championships in Johannesburg South Africa on the 16 th of February 2023.
Nominations should be made by eligible players (as described in Clause 3 of the Guidelines) in writing and addressed to the BCA CEO to reach him no later than 4 weeks before the election date (Clause 4.6)
The Nomination shall contain:
- A letter signed by the eligible player which should include:
- a)The nomination
- b)A brief biography of the player and the reason why he wants to be part of the BCA Players Commission
- A support letter from the player’s Member Association
- Passport photo
- Copy of passport.
Key Dates and action towards election:
|Monday 19 December 2022||
Call for Nominations- candidates for elections.
|Wednesday 18 January 2023||Deadline for Nominations- Send completed Nominations to email@example.com|
|Wednesday 25 January 2023||Announcement of Candidates- BCA website & BCA social media platforms|
|Wednesday 25 January -10 February 2023||Election Campaigns|
|Wednesday 16 February 2023||Elections – Time and Venue in South Africa TBC.|
About the BCA Commission:
- Three positions to be filled at the elections.
- 4-year term for the new athlete’s commission (2023-2026)
- The new commission elects the Chair of the Athletes Commission
- The Chair of the Commission then becomes a BCA council member with full voting rights.